Located close to Georgetown, Austin, Jarrell, Salado, Belton, Granger, Bartlett, Holland, Taylor, Walburg, Theon, Texas A Brief History

      Schwertner, Texas     "A Little Town With A Big Heart"                                     01/04/12

Home
Calendar of Events
A Brief History
Club Photo Gallery
Club Links

 

Schwertner was settled in 1877 by Bernard Schwertner an Austrian immigrant and his sons. This area having such rich farmland Adolf Schwertner, one of Bernard's sons built a cotton gin 1903 and donated land for a township to be established. The Bartlett and Western Railway made it's way to the area in 1909. By 1912 a U.S. Post Office opened and other businesses followed. The community grew to a population of around 500 then began to decline. The Bartlett & Western Railway ended service in 1935. With the decline in population in 1954 Schwertner became part of the Bartlett Independent School District.


Today the Schwertner Community Club is located on the site where Adolph Schwertner's cotton gin was located and living is a little slower in the community of Schwertner. It is still a farming and ranching community which serves residents and the surrounding area with a U.S. Post Office, Schwertner State Bank, Schwertner Community Club, Cross Roads Cafe and other area businesses. Being located so close to Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Killeen, and Temple; Schwertner makes an excellent escape to enjoy country life.

 

Become part of our history, plan your next event in this peaceful country setting.

Just off of IH 35 info@schwertnerhall.com


 

Home | Calendar of Events | A Brief History | Club Photo Gallery | Club Links

Copyright Schwertner Community Club 2010-2012

This site was last updated 01/04/12